Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Recognition of Grace

During the aftermath of 911, I was moved to write.  I found I was writing more poetry and I was also creating prayers, which was something new for me.  This writing brought me to the subject of Grace, so  I began to research the subject.  Grace is an unmerited favor and love of God toward humanity in Christ.  The more I researched, the more I wrote, and the more powerful the subject became.  I reached a point where I wasn't sure if I had the "right" to write about Grace.  Who was I to speak of such a subject.  I literally prayed and prayed that God would tell me if I was doing the right thing - was I being sacrilegious, was I being pompous?  I asked that if this topic was "above and beyond me," that God would let me know.  Within a few days, as I was making my bed one morning, a thought came into my head - it came in the form of a soft, still voice.  You might recognize that when these thoughts come, especially in this form, we often swat them away like a mosquito.  I didn't pay any attention to it.  It instantly came a second time and almost subconciously, I thought, hmmm, that's a good thought.  My next thought was, I should write that down - I'm going through menopause and I'll never remember it!  It then came a third time - each time, while it was a soft, still voice, it came to me more firmly.  By the third time, I wrote it down on a little sticky note and it's been sitting on my computer monitor ever since.  The message was: Our creativity speaks with God's Voice.  I knew this was my answer.  So, I continued to write.  My writing turned into a small manuscript that I've called With Gratitude for Grace.  Since that time, I got away from my writing, however, because I went back to school, moved away, completed my education, changed jobs and have now retired.   I decided I'd like to start a blog in retirement - one that makes us think of God's impact on us each and every day and therefore our impact on humanity.  I believe gratitude comes from recognizing the Grace in our lives, makes us realize how much more Grace comes into our lives than we were ever aware, brings about more gratitude, and, with more gratitude, comes more peace of mind and contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment